Monday, March 11, 2013

Who wants flat cake?

Who wants flat cake?.........I do! I want a flat cake!!!

It may sound strange and a waste of time to some, but for me baking my kids birthday cakes 3 a year,  year after year cutting the round top off my domed cakes to make them flat I wondered if the old wives tale I heard years ago actually worked???

Those old wives say to wet a tea towel, wrap it around the cake tin and secure it with a safety pin! 


Well finally I remembered in time, before popping it in the oven, to give it a go.
I couldn't believe it actually works!! The top did not rise a bit and was perfectly flat Yippee!!! No more *ahem crooked trimming for my kids birthday cakes and I can move straight on to decorating.

My only tip is to use an old tea towel and to find your longest one as several of mine were too short.
All you home bakers out there have got to give this a go, and let me know how you go.....


1 comment:

  1. wow it does work! I am so going to try this! That's awesome it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete