Thursday, April 8, 2010

About time for a crafty day

About time I've had a crafy kind of day, I feel like I haven't sewn in such a long time! Probably a week (which is forever)

First up was a bright butterfly dress for rascally girl (done before 9am I surely was eager!) I copied the pattern from a favourite dress from her drawer and improvised with the neckline. It worked though and I'm really happy with the result. I was quite happy to see it all grubby by the end of the day. That's what we make clothes for!!!! Makes me smile!!!





Next I covered my cheap corkboard with one of my favourite fabrics this is used to hold notes from school & projects I want to complete within a deadline. Sorry about the poor photos I wish I was a better photographer.


I started a pillowcase dress this afternoon but it wasn't meant to be with all the interuptions, I gave up and will complete it another time. I'm really happy though with my crafty day feels good and will get me through a few days of no sewing I'm sure.

Here's a beautiful important creature.... Hawk moth! They are so beautiful.


And I just have to put in a pic of my 2 beautiful boys I just can't resist.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashleigh,
    I'm enjoying your blog and love having a browse at your etsy store! Missed the giveaway...maybe next time! Thanks for stopping by my place too!

    ReplyDelete